Travel Company Membership
Friends of Serengeti brings together travel companies and their travelers to build a permanent structure of support, advocacy, and funding for the Serengeti ecosystem.
As a Friends of Serengeti Member, You Pledge To:
- Commit your organization to best practices of responsible and sustainable tourism.
- Help educate travelers and the public about the immediate threats and long term issues affecting the Serengeti ecosystem.
- Partner with Friends of Serengeti on project funding, monitoring of projects, and creating opportunities for local people to participate in and benefit from tourism.
- Help monitor the ecosystem and report threats and issues for collective action.
- Work with other members to provide a lobby of support and advocacy for the preservation of the Serengeti.
GSTC has developed a set of criteria for sustainable tourism. These are part of the response of the tourism community to the global challenges of the United Nations’ Millennium Development Goals. Poverty alleviation and environmental sustainability – including climate change – are the main cross-cutting issues that are addressed through the criteria.
Membership is for outbound tour operators who send travelers to Kenya or Tanzania. Members are expected to participate in our Traveler Funding Program. Annual Dues: $600
Learn more about International Membership
East African Members
We welcome membership by Tanzanian and Kenyan tour operators, hotels, lodges, and other service providers. Yearly dues: $400.
We welcome and need nonprofit organizations as partners. We will share information and partner on projects. Tanzanian and Kenyan nonprofit partners will be eligible to receive project funding. Membership is free.
Show your support of the Serengeti to thousands of travelers around the world. Help your own business by helping secure the future of this important resource.